Multiple positions available at all of our divisions!
We are a family-owned and oriented company (with a track record of growth!)
Full-Time, late morning shift
Benefits (medical, dental, 401k, paid time off)
Positive company culture
Excellent company-wide discounts (Taylor Rental, Cardinal Ace Hardware, Peru Farm Center, Outdoor Living, Quick-n-Clean Carwash)
Job Description & Duties
- Follow policies and procedures put in place by Outdoor Living
- Follow route assignments given by Distribution Manager/ Driver Supervisor
- Attendance to all driver & safety meetings – will have ample notice
- Weekly meetings with warehouse staff/ drivers
- Safety meeting & paperwork
- Field calls from other drivers with questions in regard to customers (address, delivery locations, who to leave product with. ext.)
- Hand in all gas slips daily
- Hand in all daily DOT truck reports (in conjunction with the Maintenance Coordinator)
- Loading, transporting, and delivering items to clients or businesses in a safe, timely manner.
- Reviewing and ensuring that orders are complete, the charges are correct, and the customer is satisfied.
- Greet all customers with a smile and positive attitude
- Assisting with loading and unloading items from vehicles.
- Providing excellent customer service, answering questions, and handling complaints from clients.
- Abiding by all transportation laws and maintaining a safe driving record.
- Operating equipment and machines, such as cars, trucks, forklifts, etc.
- Masks must be worn at all times especially with customers
- Now is the time to keep a good standing with our customers and show that our customer service and their safety is our top priority
- Fill your trucks on the way home each day, you never know if you are going to drive the same truck the following day
- Cleaning the trucks
- It is your responsibility to remove and garbage form the vehicle
- Keep the floors clean
- Fill wwf, DEF & antifreeze as need
- Wrap up and organize straps
- Security & weight Distribution
- Loading the truck evenly is your responsibility
- Making sure your load is secure (so product is not damaged)
- If damage happened between here and the customer it is your responsibility to let your supervisor know and corrective action will be taken
- Not only can this be a hazard for you, but it can be a hazard to others around you.
About Outdoor Living
Outdoor Living works with hardscapes, landscapes, bulk landscaping and masonry materials. Outdoor Living can offer you the right product for the job!